Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A quick introduction....


Hi. My name's Kate. That's me on the left there, all sweaty and rain-drenched after a crazy bike/run workout. I mainly run, but do some biking and yoga too (the occasional swim as well). I used to really hate my body but ran into the fat acceptance movement (please read Kate Harding for more info!!) and came to accept my body. The fact was, I already ate healthy and had worked out in the past (I stopped because it became an unhealthy obsession). When I finally began to make peace with my body, I was able to workout without obsessing. I began to see working out as a time to enjoy the sensation of movement and a time to appreciate my body and the amazing things and stresses it can deal with.

I didn't go into it with the goal of losing weight, and I haven't lost any from running. I've certainly become more fit and toned up, but I'm still the same pant size and weight, just...happier.

I've started this blog because I feel there are a serious lack of blogs that don't focus on weight loss, or participate in body shaming/weight loss talk.

I'm here to create a blog to talk about (read: be a nerd about) what I love to do and inspire others to appreciate themselves and find a means of exercise that they enjoy.


I believe in H.A.E.S. (Health At Every Size) and will not talk about weight loss or diet tips on this blog. I will mention food, but not in the context of what is “low-cal” or whatever.

I will focus a lot on plus athletes (fathletes=fat athletes), mainly because that's what I am, but I welcome people of all sizes and ages.

Primarily, I'll talk about running, because that's what I do. However, I'm very much open to any other fathletes, or body-positive athletes, writing about what they do/their advice, so shoot me a comment if interested!

This is my first writing blog ever. Be patient with me and bear with me.

Disclaimer: I am by no means a doctor or expert. I'm writing about MY experience, and yours may be different. I'm not responsible for any physical injuries, or ego bruising that may happen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment